Find a roofer in Perry, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the best time for roofing projects?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe to get a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Perry, New York. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
What is the proper time to schedule a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Perry, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Perry, New York. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.