Find a roofer in Pavilion, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Pavilion, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Pavilion, New York. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.