Find a roofer in Palisades, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the appropriate occasion to book an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal rate charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate cost for repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is a good season for roofing jobs?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Palisades, NY
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Palisades, NY. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.