Find a roofer in Palisades, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Palisades
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I schedule to have roofing services done?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing professional's services?
Roofing services can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the normal duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the correct time to schedule a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Palisades, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Palisades, New York. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.