Find a roofer in Palenville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which point should I consider having a roof inspection done?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What kind of prices are affiliated with repairing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Which is the ideal time to get your roof serviced?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Palenville, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Palenville, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.