Find a roofer in Palatine Bridge, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Palatine Bridge, New York
If you need roofing maintenance services in Palatine Bridge, New York, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.