Find a roofer in Oswego, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Oswego, NY. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofers generally price labor for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected expenditure to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Oswego, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Oswego, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oswego, NY. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.