Find a roofer in Ossining, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Ossining, NY. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Ossining, New YorkHome // New York // Ossining
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Ossining, NY
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Ossining, NY. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Ossining, NY. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.