Find a roofer in Orient, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When during the year is good for a roof job?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the common cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Orient, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Orient, New York. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Orient, New York. Find the right contractor for your house now.