Find a roofer in Orient, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Orient
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it take to restore a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can come up with the hours for the job.
At what moment should I consider having an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the cost for fixing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Orient, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Orient, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.