Find a roofer in Ontario, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
During which time of the year should I schedule roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What do most roofing specialists charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the normal period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Ontario, NY. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
At what moment should I think about having an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Ontario, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Ontario, NY. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.