Find a roofer in Old Westbury, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Old Westbury, New YorkHome // New York // Old Westbury
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Old Westbury, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Old Westbury, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Old Westbury, NY. Find the right contractor for your home right away.