Find a roofer in Olcott, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Olcott, NY
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Olcott, NY, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.