Find a roofer in Ocean Beach, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Ocean Beach, New YorkHome // New York // Ocean Beach
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Ocean Beach, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Ocean Beach, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.