Find a roofer in Oakland Gardens, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Oakland Gardens
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal rate charged by roofing professionals for a replacement project?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What are the normal costs related to fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the average price roofing specialists charge per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the normal duration to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Oakland Gardens, NY
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oakland Gardens, NY. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oakland Gardens, NY. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.