Find a roofer in Oakland Gardens, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Oakland Gardens, NY. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Oakland Gardens, New YorkHome // New York // Oakland Gardens
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Oakland Gardens, NY
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Oakland Gardens, NY, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.