Find a roofer in Oakdale, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Oakdale, New YorkRoofing // New York // Oakdale
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What time of year is best for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the common price per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to get a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Oakdale, New York. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Oakdale, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Oakdale, New York. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.