Find a roofer in Oakdale, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Oakdale
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I schedule to have roofing services performed?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary price per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Oakdale, NY. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Oakdale, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Oakdale, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Oakdale, NY. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.