Find a roofer in Norwood, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Norwood, New York. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Norwood, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Norwood, New York. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.