Find a roofer in North Tonawanda, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in North Tonawanda, NY. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in North Tonawanda, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in North Tonawanda, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in North Tonawanda, NY. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.