Find a roofer in Nichols, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Nichols, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Nichols, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.