Find a roofer in Newark Valley, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Newark Valley, New YorkHome // New York // Newark Valley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Newark Valley, NY
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Newark Valley, NY. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.