Find a roofer in New York, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in New York, New York
When you need roofing maintenance services in New York, New York, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.