Find a roofer in New Windsor, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near New Windsor, New YorkHome // New York // New Windsor
Roofing Maintenance Companies in New Windsor, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in New Windsor, New York. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.