Find a roofer in Nanuet, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much does it cost to repair a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Nanuet, New York. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Nanuet, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Nanuet, New York. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.