Find a roofer in Mount Kisco, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Mount Kisco, New York. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Mount Kisco, New YorkHome // New York // Mount Kisco
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Mount Kisco, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Mount Kisco, New York. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Mount Kisco, New York. Find the right contractor for your home now.