Find a roofer in Mexico, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Mexico, New York
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mexico, New York, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.