Find a roofer in Merrick, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Merrick
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
During which season should I book services with a roofer?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
How long does it take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Merrick, NY. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to arrange for a roof inspection?
Most roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Merrick, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Merrick, NY. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Merrick, NY. Get the roofing services you need for your property today.