Find a roofer in Melville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Melville, New York. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Melville, New YorkHome // New York // Melville
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Melville, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Melville, New York. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.