Find a roofer in Melrose, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual period of time for a roof replacement?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Melrose, New York. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
What is the correct occasion to schedule a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
At what cost does a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much is a contractor's rate to maintain the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Melrose, New York
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Melrose, New York. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.