Find a roofer in Mayfield, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good season for roofing work?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the usual price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Mayfield, New York. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
At which point should I consider getting an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Mayfield, New York
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Mayfield, New York. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Mayfield, New York. Find the right contractor for your house today.