Find a roofer in Marion, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Marion, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Marion, NY. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.