Find a roofer in Marietta, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Marietta, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Marietta, New York. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.