Find a roofer in Margaretville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Margaretville, NY
If you need roofing maintenance services in Margaretville, NY, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.