Find a roofer in Marcy, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I plan to get roofing services done?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the regular cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the usual duration for a roof replacement?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Marcy, NY. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Marcy, NY
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Marcy, NY, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Marcy, NY. Find the right contractor for your property now.