Find a roofer in Marcy, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How do roofers generally price labor for a replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to repair a roof top?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Marcy, NY. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Marcy, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Marcy, NY. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.