Find a roofer in Marcellus, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Marcellus, New York
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Marcellus, New York, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.