Find a roofer in Manhasset, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Manhasset, New YorkHome // New York // Manhasset
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Manhasset, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Manhasset, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.