Find a roofer in Mahopac, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Mahopac, New YorkHome // New York // Mahopac
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Mahopac, NY
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Mahopac, NY. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.