Find a roofer in Locust Valley, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Locust Valley, New YorkRoofing // New York // Locust Valley
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which point should I think about having a roof inspection conducted?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How much will a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate cost for fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What time of year is ideal for a roofing job?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Locust Valley, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Locust Valley, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.