Find a roofer in Locust Valley, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Locust Valley, New YorkHome // New York // Locust Valley
Roofing Maintenance Services near Locust Valley, New York
If you need roofing maintenance services in Locust Valley, New York, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.