Find a roofer in Loch Sheldrake, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Loch Sheldrake, NY
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Loch Sheldrake, NY, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.