Find a roofer in Livingston Manor, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
Many roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofers generally price their services for a replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the cost for fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Livingston Manor, NY
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Livingston Manor, NY, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.