Find a roofer in Livingston Manor, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Livingston Manor, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Livingston Manor, NY. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.