Find a roofer in Little Valley, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Little Valley, New York. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Little Valley, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Little Valley, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Little Valley, New York. Find the right contractor for your property today.