Find a roofer in Lisle, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Lisle, New York. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Lisle, New York
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Lisle, New York, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Lisle, New York. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.