Find a roofer in Liberty, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Liberty, New York. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Liberty, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Liberty, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.