Find a roofer in Lexington, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
Most roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much will a roofing specialist charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much is a roofer's rate to maintain the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Which is the perfect season to get your roof serviced?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Lexington, NY
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Lexington, NY. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.