Find a roofer in Laurel, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Laurel
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Many roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much can it cost to fix the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Laurel, NY
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Laurel, NY. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Laurel, NY. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.