Find a roofer in Larchmont, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Larchmont, New YorkHome // New York // Larchmont
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Larchmont, New York
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Larchmont, New York, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.